Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Beautiful Berlinale

Yesterday afternoon I went to Potsdamer Platz to spend a couple of hours at the Berlinale box office, which is necessary on the first day because there are hundreds of film synopses to go through, and complications regarding timing, venues spread through three main areas across town, and getting the right language for subtitles. I scored three French films on Saturday, but couldn't get anything for Thursday or Friday. There's a lot of competition at the beginning, because ticket sales start 3 days before the festival, and it's only possible to buy tickets at any one time for three days in advance. So it's hard to get one's 1st choice. But I remember how fatigued everyone got by the end of festival last year -- I'm biding my time. With hundreds of films to choose from, I'm not complaining, not at all, I'm just THRILLED to be at my second Berlinale!

No comments: