Saturday, July 10, 2010

Simply Resistible

I've never been one to be particularly impressed with male beauty. There are a few exceptions, of course: Sergio Ramos being a particularly pertinent pick given Spain's accession to the World Cup final. For me, though, men are, well, masculine, and that's necessary and sufficient for this woman with a textbook case of penis envy. I've never gone for blonds at all, so immigrant women swooning over Germans have always had me shaking my head. But in the interests of helping out my fellow members of the fairer sex toughing it out in Sexless Berlin, I'll share a treasure trove that I just discovered. I'm crushed to see it actually came out short months before I moved to Berlin; it would have been invaluable to me as I commenced blogging the following year. It's from Spiegel's German Survival Guide and contains the following gems: Flirting with Fräuleins, Hunting for Herren and Hunky, Handsome, Wimpy and Weak.

Since I'm going on three years with this blog, I'm starting to think I've earned the right to Greatest Hits compilations. So I'll offer up my cornerstone post about German men here. I'll conclude with the series I wrote just before officially immigrating to Spain, during spring of 2009: Mr. Berlin, the even broader Mr. Europe and, with gratitude for The Director's scintillating insight, Mr. Germany.

No comments: